- Accompanies Samson Young's premier exhibition at the Talbot Rice Gallery, University of Edinburgh for Edinburgh Festival in 2019 and Monash University Museum of Art in 2020.
- A documentary of Samson Young's collaboration with the Next Generation Sound Synthesis (NESS) research group within Edinburgh College of Art’s Reid School of Music.
- Drawing on systems that illustrates how a virtual instrument would sound in a specific environment
- Features essays by Alexander Rehding, Alexandra Chang, and Joel Stern traversing ethnomusicology, identity politics, and the broader sonic context of Young’s work.
- Includes a conversation with Stefan Bilbao about NESS research and its application in Young’s work.
Format: Softcover, 122 pages
Dimensions: 23 x 30 cm
Contributors: Samson Young, Stefan Bilbao, Alexandra Chang, Charlotte Day, Tessa Giblin, Alexander Rehding, Joel Stern
Publisher: Koenig Books, London, 2019