Personal Information Collection Statement
Collection of your personal data
The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (“WKCDA”) and its subsidiaries including M Plus Museum Limited (“M+”) (collectively called the “Group” or “we”) collect your personal data to provide our services to you and to improve customer experience. Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks. In the event that you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide you with certain information, materials and/or your requested services.
Purposes of personal data collection and usage
We will use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- for processing your service requests (i.e. event registration, ticket purchase, e-newsletter subscription, product purchase, WiFi usage, MyWestKowloon account registration, member registration, venue booking, donation etc.) with us and provide you with the services;
- for facilitating communications between you and members of the Group in respect of your service requests;
- for personalising your experience of West Kowloon with programmes and activities that are most relevant to your interests;
- for notifying you of changes to our services that may affect you;
- for responding to and follow up on your enquiries;
- for conducting statistical analysis, research, surveys, quality assurance and review; and
if you give your consent for direct marketing:
- for communicating with you on events, services, promotions and special offers at the West Kowloon and/or provided by the Group that are most relevant to your interests;
- for communicating with you for potential support to the Group that is relevant to your interests and appropriate; and
- for other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
We will combine information you provide to us through various channels, such as online channels like websites / mobile applications, offline channels like physical application forms, or publicly available information about you. We use this combined information to help personalise your experience and communicate with you about events and offerings that may be of particular interest to you.
Transfer of personal data
The personal data collected will be used only for purposes as stated above. We will never sell, rent or exchange your details with any other organisation outside the Group. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with third parties. Some of our service providers will have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We require all service providers to respect the security of your personal data and comply with the the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the laws of Hong Kong SAR) (“the Ordinance”). We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfer of personal data outside Hong Kong
Please also note that your personal data transferred to us may or may not be located within Hong Kong, and your information may be subject to cross-border transfer to places outside Hong Kong for necessary handling, processing or storage.
Personal data security and retention of data
Please note that your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary in accordance with the Ordinance and that we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong SAR concerning the retention of personal data. The information you submit in filling the online application form will be encrypted when it is sent electronically to us. Your personal data stored will be accessed only by our employees or service providers who are authorised to do so.
Linking with third parties
Please be aware that our site may contain links to other sites hosted by third parties. Different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review other websites’ policies before revealing any personally identifiable or sensitive information. We do not control, and are thus not responsible for, the content or privacy practices and policies of such other sites and under no circumstances shall we have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through the Group’s website.
Data access and correction requests
Use of data in direct marketing
We intend to use your personal data in direct marketing, and we may not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection to the intended use).
We may use your name, contact details (such as email address), preferences and interests, profile information, transaction data for providing you with information that are most relevant to your interests on events, services, promotions and special offers at the West Kowloon and/or provided by the Group, and ways to support the Group. Please UNTICK THE BOX if you do not agree to such use.
If you do not wish to receive information from the Group for the aforementioned direct marketing purposes, you may choose to opt-out from direct marketing at any time, free of charge, by:
- clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails;
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- contacting our Data Protection Officer by post to “West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong”.
If you do not wish to receive information in particular relevant to fundraising activities (including promotion of donations or contributions for charitable or non-profit making events), you may choose to opt-out from fundraising activities at any time, free of charge, by emailing us at email@example.com.
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall apply and prevail.