- Recommended by artist Shen Xin
- Focuses on anti-statist critiques in ancient and modern China and demonstrates that China does not have an unchallenged authoritarian political culture.
- Examines radical Daoist thought from the 4th century BCE to the 9th century CE and compares Daoist philosophers and poets to Western anarchist and utopian thinkers.
- Includes a survey of anarchist themes in dissident thought in the People's Republic of China from 1949 to the present.
- Challenge the usual ideas of the scope and nature of dissent in China, also provides a unique comparison of ancient Chinese Daoist anarchism to Western anarchist.
- Features previously untranslated texts, such as the 9th century Buddhist anarchist tract, the Wunengzi, and essays from the PRC press.
Format: Softcover, 240 pages
Dimensions: 22.8 x 15.4 cm
Author: John A. Rapp
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2012