Hong Kong-born, Los Angeles-based artist Shirley Tse works across multiple media to deconstruct synthetic objects that inherently carry paradoxical meanings within them and construct models in which these differences might come together. In collaboration with Tse, the M+ Shop has developed a series of products in response to her solo exhibition Shirley Tse: Stakes and Holders* and to evoke her sculptural ideas. Working with multiple Hong Kong craftsmen, these respective 'stakeholders' in the collection’s development highlight and underpin the exhibition’s title.
- Laser-engraved wooden pencils with inspirational quotes by Shirley Tse
- Each quote is intended to be both poetic and thought-provoking
- Comes in a set of 6
- Together they are the convergence of different voices.
- This is a very sculptural thing to think about.
- It collapses the subject/object relations
- The process is a convergence or negotiation of things.
- I am a keen observer of our daily visual landscape.
- Sculpture-making demands the ability to merge the abstract, the literal, and the practical.
Dimensions: 17.5 cm
Origin: Designed and made in Hong Kong
*Co-presented by Hong Kong Arts Development Council
Hotel Partner: Hotel ICON