- This book is one of the recommended reading by Shirley Tse, the featured artist of exhibition 'Shirley Tse: Stakes and Holders' at M+ Pavilion.
- Multispecies feminist theorist Donna J. Haraway offers provocative new ways to reconfigure our relations to the earth and all its inhabitants.
- She eschews referring to our current epoch as the Anthropocene, preferring to conceptualize it as what she calls the Chthulucene, as it more aptly and fully describes our epoch as one in which the human and nonhuman are inextricably linked in tentacular practices.
- The Chthulucene, Haraway explains, requires sym-poiesis, or making-with, rather than auto-poiesis, or self-making.
- Learning to stay with the trouble of living and dying together on a damaged earth will prove more conducive to the kind of thinking that would provide the means to building more livable futures.
Format: Paperback, 312 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.3 cm
Author: Donna J. Haraway
Publisher: Duke University Press, 2016