- A study of the relationship between music and visual art globally in various media, and an interdisciplinary look at the mutual influence across cultures and eras.
- With more than 250 colour images illustrating works of art in diverse traditions
- Examine artists Wassily Kandinsky and Arnold Schoenberg’s visual and musical intersection with new angles
- Presents new scholarship on less well-known examples in the arts of Asia, Africa, the Americas, and Europe, from antique pottery to contemporary video and sound art.
- Essays themed on synesthesia and other formal and theoretical crossovers, musicians' motifs and performative and ritual functions of music, musical instruments, and art.
Format: Hardcover, 318 pages
Dimensions: 28.45 x 25.91 cm
Editor: Patrick Coleman
Publisher: Yale University Press, 2015