- Revealing the visual artistry behind the evolution of sound recording with specially commissioned photography of iconic, rarely seen artefacts from the collections of the EMI Archive Trust.
- Tells the incredible story of the development of sound recording throughout the acoustic era, the electrical era, the magnetic era and the digital era.
- An introduction by record producer Tony Visconti.
- A compendium of beautiful recording and playback equipment
- An engaging, comprehensive history of sound recording accompanied by detailed specifications and intriguing archival photographs.
Format: Hardcover, 352 pages
Dimensions: 25.4 x 22.1 cm
Author: Terry Burrows
Publisher: Thames & Hudson, 2017